Monday, February 4, 2013

Madeira Code Red/revisited


Madeira Code Red weed eco film shoot at Reeseville was a lot of fun.  Did a little playing with the deadly weed which takes over everything and grows from every part of the plant.  Jill who owned the property found some madeira vine and put it in a plastic bag to take it and deal with it later.  Found it 12months later still in the bag and growing. 

I did a silly experiment and used it for dyeing and boiled it up for 3hrs to see if that was enough to kill it.  NOOOO tossed it in my garden near my front door to keep an eye on it and 11months later shoots appeared and started climbing eeeriely up my port wine magnolia tree.

Now I am on constant vigil to find shoots/tubers/any part to burn it.  Only way I feel kills it for good.  The film was finished and you can google youtube under elcoateart and find it if you are interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment